Information, Visa FAQ

iAE represent for you some helpful information.

Why Australia-ETA?

The site offers a valuable support to obtain a travel visa to Australia, quickly and easily by filling out a simple online form. This support is provided to all those who need a tourist or Business visa for Australia.

What is an ETA?

An ETA (Electronic Travel Authority) is an authorization to enter Australian territory, and is electronically linked to your passport.

It is for short term stays for tourism or business visitor activities.

An ETA is 100% electronic, which allows you to visit Australia without the need to apply through a departmental office for a traditional paper visa.

Business visitor activities do not include work. If you want to do short-term, highly specialised, non-ongoing work in Australia, you can apply for a Temporary Work (Short Stay Activity) visa (Subclass 400) in the government site.

When should I apply for an Australian visa?

You should always try to apply in advance, no later than 24 hours in advance of your departure.

On occasion, some people are not approved to enter Australia and they must contact an Australian embassy. For those who wait to apply for a visa until the last minute or at the airport, those not approved could run in to trouble and be denied boarding by the airline.

To avoid the hassle of missing your flight, it's recommend you purchase your visa in advance through IAE ETA, so that you can rest assured that your visa status will be approved. If by chance it is not, we will give your money back.

Which visa do I need to visit Australia?

Deciding which visa you need to visit Australia depends on how long you will be visiting the country and whether or not you plan on working. If you plan on working in the country, then you will need to either contact an Australian embassy or an agency that specifically handles work visas.

If you are visiting Australia for tourism, and your trip is 3 months or less, a tourist subclass 601 visa (ETA) is your best option.

If you intend on visiting for basic non-working business needs then you are required to purchase a subclass 601 business ETA visa. Both visas are available online through

Do I need a plane ticket before purchasing an ETA?

No, you do not need to arrange your transportation into the country before applying for an ETA. Whether you are traveling by boat or plane, it's okay to apply for your ETA anytime before or after your confirmed ticket.

How does the airline know that I have a visa?

Airlines, travel agents, cruise companies, and immigration officials all have similar systems which allow them to run an inquiry on your visa status.

Once you are approved by IAE ETA, all of your name and passport information will then be active and valid in the Electronic Travel Authority immigration system. The airline or cruise company will then swipe your passport at check-in, electronically verifying your visa status in the ETA system.

Do I need a visa if I am transiting through Australia?

If your stay in Australia is longer than 72 hours, you will need to apply for a tourist visa (ETA).

Please visit this page, by the Department of Immigration, which lists more transit visa information.

Need Help?

By Phone
By Email
© 2016 iAdventure Escape - All Rights Reserved.